Skip to main content

osx

Mamp PRO 4 and the never generated images.

When working on the final touches of a Drupal 8 project we ran into a very strange issue. Every single time I opened the file browser, apache got stuck and the system load went sky high. First I blamed the media browser, but a quickly generated view that rendered a list of all the image/* items in de file library showed the same problem. Tailing the logs brought nothing, no strange segfaults or other memory errors. In a last resort I switched Mamp to PHP 7.1 and to my surprise the images where rendered. Deleted the files/styles content, re-ran the view. And presto images were back. But our production environment runs PHP 7.0.15, so the sites needs to work with that PHP version as well. Started to compare the php.ini files and the only difference w...